So tomorrow morning, bright and early, I am going to be starting my 12 day vacation! I am so excited. After a year of a lot of downs, where my only travel was going to visit a nursing home and a hospice… well, lets say… this is just what my soul needed! I seriously feel like a little kid right before Christmas. I am super jittery, anxious, happy, excited, worried, ecstatic… you name it, I am probably feeling a little bit of it! Now I have some goals that I want to stick with. Just because I am away from home, does not mean I am away from my body. I still have goals that I want to reach and I really do not want vacation to be my downfall. So this currently my game plan:
1. Do ab work outs and some strength training every morning on days I plan on doing a lot of walking.
2. Run at least 6 miles while on vacation (spread out over days)
3. If I have one high calorie meal planned for the day, make sure not to eat a lot at other meals and make healthier choices.
4. Limit myself to 2 alcoholic drinks when I do drink. (I may not even need a whole drink… but you never know).
5. Actively seek out tourist areas with a lot of walking. Especially in Colorado. This time, I do not want to be doing sight seeing in a car (as much).
6. Avoid a lot of sweets and desserts. I know I don’t really need them. I know they are going to be tasty in my mouth, but look crappy on my hips.
7. I do not want to gain weight while I am gone. If I stay the same, that is fine. If I lose weight, even better.
So that is pretty much my game plan. Lots of water, sharing meals, and having a good time! I will be posting periodically with pictures but I probably won’t be able to catch up on everyone’s blogs until I get back!
Does anyone else have any other suggestions for staying healthy while on vacation?